The Early Learners' Academy
Where Learning Music is Smart and Fun!
Music Explorers 1 (Infants – 5)
The National Conservatory of Arts is proud to offer the Early Learners Academy, the finest singing, movement and music classes available for children from birth to 24 months!
Our program is a music education curriculum designed to unleash the musical potential of young children. Featuring award winning music, engaging activities, and caring, professional instructors, We are proud of the high standards we set in the field of early childhood music education!
Just as the minds of babies are literally being wired to discern and compute the sounds of the verbal language around them, their developing minds can also be wired for the melodic and rhythmic sounds of music. The greater the palette of sounds children are exposed to, the greater their music vocabulary will be upon which they can build as they grow. Take advantage of the program to stimulate and cultivate that growth with a fun, up-tempo music class with your child!
Music Pups (60-minutes)
Saturdays at 10:00 am NW Branch Ms. Taniece Hunt
Music Explorers 2 (ages 2 - 4)
Pre-keyboard music and movement
The natural energy and music children ages 2-3 years old have within them is amazing. They are generally constantly singing, moving to a rhythm or beat and always ready to move! Explorers 2 is an exciting and innovative pre-school music & movement program with a flexible format that fits the level of development of these children perfectly.
Our Teddy Bears help teach the children rhythms and puppet friends guide children on their music journey and instruction with singing, and ear training. Our child-centered curriculum includes stories, songs, and games to ensure that all children feel and achieve a high level of engagement and success.
There are six levels to the Music Explorers 2 program and each are 18 weeks in length. Each level builds upon the last, so as the child's foundation in singing, rhythm and ear training builds and grows, so does the curriculum.
Once a child has finished either one, two or the full six levels of Early Explorers 2, they are naturally ready to move seamlessly into formal music instruction in either group, partner or private lessons on piano, guitar, violin, cello, ukulele, or drum set.
Music Explorers (60-minutes)
Saturdays at 11:15 am NW Branch Ms. Taniece Hunt
Music and Art Class (18 mths - 5 years)
Encourage your child’s imagination and creativity through classroom experiences based in music and art. Teachers support your family through a gradual separation process, as each child becomes comfortable in the classroom setting. Students’ ideas are incorporated into the curriculum, sparking joyous music-making which is supported by a vast repertoire of folk, classical, jazz, popular, and original music. In each lesson, children explore different instruments, as well as a wide variety of engaging props, games, manipulatives, and books.
Hands-on discovery deepens each artistic exploration. Children use various media and artistic techniques to create drawings, paintings, collages, and sculptures. By supporting each child’s innate artistic vision, the classroom environment stimulates a love of learning and exploration, promoting school readiness.
Class Schedule (75-minutes)
Saturdays at 12:30 pm NW Branch Ms. Taniece Hunt
Music and Literacy Class (2 - 4 years)
Literacy studies show that singing songs with young children builds vocabulary and nurtures communication skills, years before children begin to enjoy reading on their own. Music, Stories, and Pre-Literacy uses an integrated artistic approach to help develop language skills, fostering a love of storytelling and the growth of imagination. By using music in conjunction with stories, this class creates a compelling sense of wonder for young children, as they naturally express their own stories through music and dramatic play. Using published texts, folktales, and original class stories, children become familiar with story structure and are exposed to vast vocabulary. Stimulating storybooks, drawings, vocabulary cards, instruments, and various props enhance the storytelling experience. Music is at the cornerstone of this class and afterward not only will the child have developed a love of reading but they will be able to move into group or private music lessons.
Class Schedule (75-minutes)
Mondays at 4:00 pm SW Branch TBD
Saturdays at 2:00 pm NW Branch TBD
Musical Yoga (3.5 - 5 years)
Musical Yoga Adventures was designed to help all children, along with a guiding teacher or family member, achieve positive results, which include:exercising regularly with sequenced routines, learning new songs and being able to sing along with them, combining non-competitive yoga with music, which helps children process activities easily, developing a higher level of focus, positive behavior, and confidence, and providing an opportunity for an enriched quality of life.
Some of the benefits of yoga for kids are as follows:
- encourages midline crossing (developing both sides of the body)
- improves digestion and builds up the immune system
- relaxes the body for better sleep
- promotes thinking and memory
- stimulates auditory processing and the ability to respond
- calms and quiets the mind
- balances high or low energy
- helps team skills and interaction
- develops self-control and
- encourages a healthy lifestyle
Class Schedule (45-minutes)
Saturdays at 9:00 am NW Branch Ms. Taniece Hunt
Music Lessons and Classes
Traditional music lessons are adapted to fit the very young child as young as 3 years-old. We start from the very beginning with making music with artistry, as well as note reading at their level. We offer piano, violin, viola, and cello at age 3 and up, and guitar, ukulele, and drums from ages 4 years-old and up. We also offer group lessons for this age group, which are always lots of fun!
NW Class Schedule:
- Piano for K4- gr 2 Level 1 Tuesdays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Piano for K3 Level 1 Fridays 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Piano for K4 - gr 2 Level 2 Fridays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Piano for K3 Level 1 Saturdays 11:15 am - 12;15 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Piano for K - gr 2 Level 2 Saturdays 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Piano for K3 Level 1 Sundays 11:00 am - 12:00 am Ms. Alice Chen
- Piano for K4 - gr 2 Level 1 Sundays noon - 1 pm Ms. Alice Chen
- Guitar for K4 - K Level 1 Wednesdays 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm Mr. Guy West
- Guitar for K4 - K Level 1 Saturdays 9:00 am - 10:00 am Mr. Robert Banks
- Guitar for K4 - K Level 1 Sundays 11 am - 12:00 pm Mr. Guy West
- Drum set for k4 - gr 2 Level 1 Tuesdays 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Mr. Robert Banks
- Drum set for K -gr 2 Level 2 Tuesdays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Mr. Robert Banks
- Drum set for K4 - 2 Level 1 Saturdays 10:00 am - 11:00 am Mr. Robert Banks
- Violin for K4 - gr 4 Level 1 Fridays 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Ms. Marta Tadesse
- Violin for K - gr 4 Level 1B Fridays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Ms. Marta Tadesse
- Violin for K4 - gr 4 Level 1 Saturdays 9:00 am - 10:00 am Ms. Marta Tadesse
- Viola for K - gr 4 Level 1 Saturdays 11:00 am - noon Ms. Marta Tadesse
- Cello for K - gr 4 Level 1 Sundays 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Ms. Alice Chen
SW Class Schedule
- Piano for K4 - gr 1Level 1 Tuesdays 5 pm - 6 pm Ms. Alice Chen
- Piano for K3 Level 1 Saturdays 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm Ms. Alice Chen
- Piano for K4 - gr 1Level 1 Saturdays 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm Ms. Alice Chen
- Guitar for K4 - gr 2 Level 1 Thursdays 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Mr. Robert Banks
- Guitar for K4 - gr 2 Level 1 Saturdays 3:45 pm - 4:45 pm Mr. Robert Banks
- Drum set for K4 - gr 2 Level 1 Thursdays 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Mr. Robert Banks
- Drum set for K4 - gr 2 Level 1 Saturdays 2:45 pm - 3:45 pm Mr. Robert Banks
- Violin for K4 - gr 4 Level 1 Wednesdays 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Mr. Timothy Lacrosse
- Viola for K - gr 4 Level 1 Wednesdays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Mr. Timothy Lacrosse
- Cello for K - gr 4 Level 1 Saturdays 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Ms. Alice Chen
Suzuki Music Lessons
Suzuki Music Lessons and Classes are dynamic programs for young children. The Suzuki program starts at age 2.8 years old and up. The teaching method relies upon ear training however, we incorporate note reading early on to make the student a well rounded musician. Suzuki lessons are in piano, violin, viola, cello, and string bass. For more information, please go our Suzuki Music Program page.
NW Suzuki Class Schedule
- Suzuki Piano for k4 - gr 2 Lv 1 Wednesday 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Suzuki Piano for K3 - K Lv 1 Sundays 9:30 am - 10:30 am Ms. Alice Chen
- Suzuki Violin for K4 - gr 4 Lv 1 Mondays 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Mr Timothy Lacrosse
- Suzuki Violin for K3 - gr 2 Lv 1 Sundays 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm Ms. Marta Tadesse
- Suzuki Viola for K - gr 4 Lv 1 Mondays 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Mr. Timothy Lacrosse
- Suzuki Cello for K - gr 4 Lv 1 Wednesday 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Ms. Alice Chen
SW Suzuki Class Schedule
- Suzuki Piano for K4- gr 2 Lv 1 Thursday 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm Ms. Jacqueline Banks
- Suzuki Violin for K3 - gr 2 Lv 1 Tuesday 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Mr. Timothy Lacrosse
- Suzuki Viola for K - gr 4 Lv 1 Tuesday 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Mr. Timothy Lacrosse
- Suzuki Cello for K - gr 4 Lv 1 Saturday 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Ms. Alice Chen